2 Years Bachelor Degree in Annual System
The Bachelor of Commerce degree program aims to provide students with a good familiarization of various fields of business and an opportunity to specialise in a selected area of business. All courses within the program are designed for a rapidly changing world with innovation, market-relevance, flexibility and an international focus. The program builds a concurrence and congruity between the academic environment and the actual business world outside.
Degree will enable students to understand and critically analyze financial reporting issues and their impact within the framework of the generally accepted Accounting Principles. They will also develop an understanding of cost and management accounting techniques for planning, decision-making and performance evaluation. Students will be provided a foundation in the procedures of auditing and taxation. An in-depth understanding of the role of financial management in the business firm, including the calculations and use of financial ratios. Students will develop an understanding of how companies choose between possible investments and how they raise capital. They will acquire knowledge about the role of financial institutions, particularly, the operation of securities markets. The program will equip graduates with the ability to analyze the risk-ness of investments and the use of “hedging with options and futures” to reduce the risk of an investment portfolio.
The mission of the Bachelor of Commerce undergraduate program is to provide students with a good grounding in their chosen discipline, to prepare students for entry-level positions in their chosen discipline in organizations and to stimulate the students for a life-long learning desire.
- The program is of two years duration. The University will conduct B.Com Part-I and Part-II terminal examinations on completion of Part–I and Part-II sessions.
- This program is Affiliated with University of the Punjab for Rawalpindi Campuses Whereas the Islamabad & Wah Cantt. Campuses are affiliated with University of Gujrat.
- Students who have passed their HSSC/Intermediate Examination F.A. FSc, ICS, I.Com, A Levels (3 Subjects), High School Diploma or Equivalent. are eligible for admission in B.Com (IT) Program
- Class Timings
- Classes are held from Monday to Saturday (6 days a week) between 07:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m. to utilize best timings of at-least four hours daily.
- As per policy of Indus Group of Colleges, 85% class attendance is compulsory at any time during the session to remain on the college rolls of bonafide students.
- Student Assessment and Evaluation
- Besides regular class tests, two internal/house examinations are conducted to fully prepare students for the University’s examinations.
- B.Com Part-I Subjects
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Statistics and Mathematics
- Introduction to Business
- Money, Banking and Finance
- Functional English
- Computer Applications
- Pakistan Studies
- Part-II Subjects
- Advanced Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Business Taxation
- Business Law
- Economic of Pakistan
- Business Communication and Report Writing
- Islamic Studies
(Ethical behaviour in lieu of Islamic studies for Non-Muslim Students).