After 10 years of schooling, during which a student receives supervised attention, he enters an intermediate program and is suddenly exposed to a totally new environment. Here the student is treated as an adult, given considerable latitude and asked to take responsibility of his career planning and actualization. Here, he lays the foundation for the professional career he aims to pursue later in his life. These two years in the college are therefore extremely important for his/her personality development and preparation for an arduous professional journey.
The intermediate of Science (FSc. Pre-Engineering) degree provides general exposure and education in many aspects of basic Scientific Enquiry. All courses with in the program are designed for the preparing the students and providing them with the basic skills of different engineering fields of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Space Engineering and Meteorological Engineering. The program develops the basic scientific skills of the students in fields of Physic, Chemistry and Mathematics through detailed lectures, question - answer sessions, seminars and practicals in well equipped labs, on the most modern instruments.
- The duration of the program is two years. The BISE will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year’s sessions.
- This program is accredited by the BISE Rawalpindi in Rawalpindi and FBISE Islamabad in Islamabad and Wah Cantt. It is fully recognized within Pakistan and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
- There is one intake each year after the Secondary School Examination Results, students who are awaiting their results can also apply.
- Class Timings
- Classes are held from Monday to Saturday (6 days a week) between 07:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m. to utilize best timings of at-least four hours daily.
- As per policy of Indus Group of Colleges, 85% class attendance is compulsory at any time during the session to remain on the college rolls of bonafide students.
- Student Assessment and Evaluation
- Besides regular class tests, three internal/house examinations are conducted to fully prepare students for the Board’s examinations.
- F.Sc. Part-I Subjects
- Islamic Education and Pakistan Studies
- Elective Subjects