After 10 years of schooling, during which a student receives supervised attention, he enters an intermediate program and is suddenly exposed to a totally new environment. Here the student is treated as an adult, given considerable latitude and asked to take responsibility of his career planning and actualization. Here, he lays the foundation for the professional career he aims to pursue later in his life. These two years in the college are therefore extremely important for his/her personality development and preparation for an arduous professional journey.
The Intermediate of Commerce degree program aims to provide students with a good grounding in various fields of business. This program will allow students to gain initial understanding of the role of financial management in the business firm, including the calculations and use of financial ratios. Students will develop an understanding of how companies choose between possible investments and how they raise capital. They will acquire knowledge about the role of financial institutions particularly the operation of securities markets. The majors offered include Accounting, Banking, Commerce, Economics and Business Math & Stats. All courses within the program are designed for a rapidly changing world with innovation, market-relevance, flexibility and an international focus.
- The duration of the program is two years. The BISE will conduct terminal examinations on completion of 1st Year and 2nd Year’s sessions.
- This program is accredited by the BISE Rawalpindi in Rawalpindi and FBISE Islamabad in Islamabad and Wah Cantt. It is fully recognized within Pakistan and internationally for further education and employment in the private and public sectors.
- There is one intake each year after the Secondary School Examination Results, students who are awaiting their results can also apply.
- Class Timings
- Classes are held from Monday to Saturday (6 days a week) between 07:30 a.m. to 03:30 p.m. to utilize best timings of at-least four hours daily.
- As per policy of Indus Group of Colleges, 85% class attendance is compulsory at any time during the session to remain on the college rolls of bonafide students.
- Student Assessment and Evaluation
- Besides regular class tests, three internal/house examinations are conducted to fully prepare students for the Board’s examinations.
- I.Com Part-I Subjects
- Islamic Education and Pakistan Studies
- Elective Subjects
- Principal of Accounting
- Principal of Economics/Commercial
- Principal of Commerce/Banking
- Business Mathematics/Statistics